Mexican Food in Baler3

I absolutely love Mexican food. So it was a happy surprise when I found out a few months ago that a Mexican place opened up in the surfing capital of Baler, Aurora. MI CASA. How perfect is that?

I got to surf all day and gorge on delicious quesadillas, tacos and burritos for lunch. I'll shut up at this point and let all these food photos lead you all the way to Baler!

Mexican Food in Baler1

Mexican Food in Baler10

Huevos Rancheros
Taco Shell
Black Beans
Eggs Sunny Side Up

Mexican Food in Baler4

I had a quick chat with surfer turned chef Marco Villareal and he loves the laid back vibe in Baler. He's worked in a lot of hotels and resorts all over the Philippines and he keeps coming back home. It's a bit of challenge to get the best ingredients for fresh, homemade Mexican food, but he makes the best of what Baler has to offer.

Mexican Food in Baler2

Mi Casa can be found on Sabang Beach at the Little Girls Lodge. It's best to come a little early on weekends as this place is always packed for lunch and dinner.

Hungry? More Sole Food from India, Vietnam and the rest of Southeast Asia.

In search of more sole food,
Get a FREE copy of the Sole Sister Guide to Planning an Epic Trip by subscribing to our newsletter. You can also hang out with us online on Twitter, Facebook Stumble Upon.

Categories: , ,

1. Nagutom ako! ang gaganda ng mga shots. sayang! when I went to Baler under renovation ang Little Girls Lodge. Dibali pagbalik ko. :)

2. ay... bakit di ko 'to nakita when i went to Baler? sayang! na try ko sana... hehehe! thanks for sharing... next time i'll be in Baler, i'll definitely look for Mi Casa... ^_^

3. Me encantaría visitar este lugar también. Me gustaría probar la comida. Hmmm. Delicioso! =)

4. Mach says:

I'm not really into Mexican food but the photos made my stomach grumble. Yum yum!

5. I have never been a Mexican food girl (besides tacos ;)), but that looks delish! Your presentation made it even more awesome!

6. JODYxBUFFY says:

Interestingly, the best Mexican food that I ever tasted was in a podunk shack in the middle of Tanzania! This is unusual, since I live in Southern California (where there is a large Mexican-American) population and have visited Mexico numerous times.  Perhaps my longing for Mexican food enhanced the taste beyond expectations.  (If you come to Southern California, I can show you the best surf spots and Mexican eateries.)

I will get back to you concerning writing opportunities on your blog.

7. jokobunny says:

will totally try this! food looks so fresh and yummy! :)

8. ev says:

I love Mako's tacos!!! Really cool post and photos!
    Btw, Ahi is the Hawaiian name for Yellowfin Tuna :) Mahi-mahi is Dorado :) hihi

9. Lorie Joy says:

Wow. Something to look forward to in baler. Nice photos!

10. Perfect! Just when I'm planning to go to Baler next month! :D

11. Yum! I miss good Mexican food too. I loved how they served nachos as soon as you sat down in any resto in texas.

That mango salsa is to die for. Mmmm

12. Marjorie says:

i just got back from baler and i didn't see this?! omfg!

13. We lovvve Mexican food! But yah know, everything we had in Mexico actually tasted different from those dishes we've had outside of the country. Product of fusion, perhaps? So I'm really interested in this resto. Would be worth the trip from Manila :)

I can tell you Josiah, these dishes even taste better than they look!

Baka nag su surf yung chef nun hahaha... island life in Baler!

Anu daw?! Basta Carl, masarap to. Bow.

I loooooove mexican food. Although I've never had the real deal :-)

Thank you! The moment I saw this gorgeous food, I just had to convince the chef to let me take the photos :-)

I would love to try mexican food in California, I've head good things about it! I might just take you up on your offer Jody. Thanks!

It really is yummy!  I wanna go back!

Hahaha.. thanks for clarifyinf that ev. OO nga no. Now I have to ask Mako again... hmmm

Thanks Lorie! It's really a nice surprise to have a place like this in Baler.

Have a fish taco for me Robx! They're delish!

Wow never been to texas. But that Tex-Mex sure sounds good!

same as mervz. Maybe chef was out surfing! We were pretty lucky then..

Yeah, I heard that too Gaye! I've met a few mexicans who said the mexican food in the US is sooo not the same as the real deal. Makes me wanna go and try it for myself.

27. JODYxBUFFY says:

The Mexican food in America is heavily seasoned and tailored to please American tast buds.  For the real deal, eat at the eateries in the Mexican colonias and barrios in the USA.

28. Actually, I didn't like tex-mex too much. Those beans just didn't do anything for me. I do love me some tacos though, tex-mex or all mexican. I can eat those everyday!

29. markyramonego says:

gusto ko yung Huevos Rancheros

30. Therese says:

We went to Baler over the weekend and apparently, nagsara na ang Mi Casa. :( Sayang! According to the people there, the owner went abroad or something.