Posted by Lois on -
It's been months since we parted. But I still think about you all the time. You have left such an indelible mark on me. You have shown me your beauty, your lovely light. You are worth braving the thousand hairpin curves that lead to you. Pai, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
1. Bikes bikes everywhere! Vintage bikes, decorated rickshaws, even planter box bikes!
2. You overwhelm me with your Pai smiles. I see it on your walls, your people and even your banks!
3. You got me hooked on your delicious cappucinos, bannoffee pies and artsy cafes!
4. You are a paradise of art! You corners are filled with pretty little corners just waiting to be discovered. I also adore your beautiful souvenirs like postcards and custom t-shirts.
5. You are a photographer's (and a model's) dream setting. There are so many places to visit in this town. The Chinese village, the Japanese WWII bridge, Coffee is Love cafe...
6. Pai is a truly romantic town. Love is all around!
7. Where else could you find an upside down house?
8. Pretty, colorful street art! An entire town just came together to create a place that would make you smile.
9. For a touristy town, it's impressively clean. There's absolutely no trash in sight. And the air is fresh! How's that for a community effort?
10. 3 words: Manual ferris wheel! Wheeeee!
Did you fall in love with Pai just like us? Who wouldn't? If you get to Northern Thailand, make sure you drop by this place. When people ask me what I think about Pai, I always answer: Pai is love.
Pai is only 134 km from the city of Chiang Mai, Thailand. But the ride takes 3-4 hours because of a steep, winding road. It was so winding that 5 out of 8 people in our van threw up. The only ones who were spared were Chichi, myself and the driver. So make sure you take your car sickness pills and a barf bag!
Forever in love with Pai.
Sole Sister Lois
If you liked this post - Like it, Tweet it, Stumble Upon it and let the world know by clicking the share buttons below. We'll love you for it!