Posted by The SoleSisters on -
What is Glampacking?
This is the stylish kind of travel. It's backpacking with a slightly healthier budget. These kinds of travelers won’t sacrifice their cute clothes and hairdryers while backpacking. They try and keep it glamorous. Sometimes, they have all inclusive holidays to relax and pamper themselves. They love to be pampered, actually. They are bubbly, energetic, fun and make new friends wherever they go.
You Know When You're a Glampacker When...
- Your backpack is colored pink. (See Chichi's choice here.)
- You won't leave home without your hair dryer.
-Your backpack is filled with cute little pouches to organize your stuff.
- You bring 4 pairs of shoes plus a pair of your no-miss black flats...just in case.
- You shower preferrably when there's hot water available.
- You put on Deet every minute when traveling to someplace tropical.
- You won't go #2 if there's no bidet.
- Your toiletry kit contains: shampoo, conditioner, deep cleansing hair mask, extra-moisture body cream, facial cleanser and a loofah. In other words, you have a product for every single part of your body. This means, you take forever in the bathroom!
-You don't wear the same clothes twice in a week.
- You wear full-on make-up to see the beauty of Angkor or explore the streets of Jaipur.
- You get a manicure and a pedicure every chance you get.
- You don't actually carry your own backpack. You have other backpackers (particularly those buff surfer ones) to do that for you.
- Your hair is sooo shiny and healthy, it could start bearing fruit anytime soon.
- You get a haircut every chance you get.
- You just can't resist buying that new dress/shirt/bikini at the market. In every city you visit.
- You always make sure that your top matches your bottom.
- You don't wear dirty clothes, i.e. those that you've worn yesterday.
- A glampacker's travel essentials include a scarf, a maxi dress, lots of bling and cute shoes.
Are you a Glampacker or a Poorpacker? We'll tell you about Poorpacking on the next post...
Psst! We can't wait to meet everyone at R.O.X. for the Sole Sisters' Travel Photo Exhibit and Travel Talk. If you haven't heard about it yet (which is weird because we sent out some graduation announcements), click to read about the details of "From Glampacker to Poorpacker: The Sole Sisters' Story". See you there!