Last weekend I got a small rectangular sized present. It practically fit in my palm and weighed less than a letter. Mountain Safety Research, the label indicated. I opened the box and got- a shammy? I don't even have a car to clean it with!

Was I wrong! The 'shammy' turned out to be a microfiber camp Packtowl that's small enough to fit in my vanity case with room to spare. I looked at it and thought: Now how would this little thing get me dry? I had my doubts. I have long, thick curly hair that I have a hard time drying even with a regular sized towel. I simply had to put the Packtowl to the test. And it did the trick.

The Packtowl is definitely traveling with me everywhere I go. It packs as light as a sponge and dries in less than 30 minutes. Plus it didn't have the wet towel smell even after I left it in the bathroom to dry. I wonder how I've traveled so long without one.

The only complaint I had was the thought of going out to a dorm/hostel room from taking a shower and not having the 'full coverage', if you catch my drift. But that's what the multi-purpose sarong is for, right Chichi?

Do you have any travel items you want to share with us? Leave us a comment!

Travel With-it Thursdays is a weekly series that features miracle products and travel essentials that every sole sister needs in her travel pack. Last week, we featured an intimate apparel that will zap those VPLs while on-the-go

1. pishy_itchyfeet says:

I have the same one. How weird?! This towel is the best. THough, I have the same problem when I get out of the bathroom in a hostel ;-) ;-)

2. nina says:

Yup, these super absorbent quick-drying microfibre towels are the best!

Hi pishy. The strange thing is that now I'm using this towel even when I'm at home!

Thanks for the comment nina. They're the best, that's right. And I just discovered that.

5. eunice says:

hi girls, where did you purchase this PackTowl? :) thanks!

6. Hi Eunice, it was a gift but you can get one from here: http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/camp-towels/basecamp-ct/packtowl-personal/product

7. eunice says:

hi girls, where did you purchase this PackTowl? :) thanks!

9. pishy_itchyfeet says:

10. lassy says:

im interested in this item. i checked with the site but it says "Product not Found". :(

11. Gracey Larioza says:

we still dont have this in Manila? as in no where to buy around here?